Pumpkin Spice Almond Biscotti
These biscotti (or should we say bis-kyootie are the perfect crunchy and chewy sweet treat - you won't believe they're only 4 ingredients and wholesome enough to have for breakfast!
- 1 and 3/4 cups (200 g) blanched almond flour
- 2-4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- a sprinkle of fine sea salt
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 bar of @eatkyoot, melted (+ more squares for decoration)
- A pinch of flaky salt to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut sugar, arrowroot, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt. Add the water, stirring until completely combined.
- Scrape dough into a mound in the centre of the prepared cookie sheet. Shape dough into a log ca. 25cm long, 6cm wide, and just over 1.5cm an inch high.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 19 to 23 minutes or until light golden brown and the centre is set & firm to the touch. Remove from oven, turn oven off, and cool completely on sheet. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until cold. Using parchment paper, lift log onto a cutting board.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Slide log off of parchment paper and place paper back on cookie sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, cut log crosswise, on the diagonal, into 22 biscotti. Place slices cut side down on paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake biscotti for 20 minutes. Remove sheet and, using spatula, turn over biscotti. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes longer. Turn oven off, keep door closed, and let biscotti remain in oven for 1-2 hours until cooled (this further dries them).
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.