Mousse Au Chocolat à la Kyootie
Creamy, dreamy, and perfect for that dinner party you're waiting to host: may we introduce the only mousse au chocolat recipe you will ever need.
- 75 g soft dates (ideally medjool)
- 45 g coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 7 tbsp full-fat coconut milk (from a tin)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 130 g full fat coconut milk
- 2 bars of Kyoot, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 70 g full-fat coconut milk, for whipping
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- Make the salted caramel: place dates, coconut sugar, agave, salt, lucuma, coconut oil, and 3 tsp of coconut milk into a high-speed blender. Blend 2 times to get a very fine paste. Add the remaining 4 tbsp of milk and adjust its viscosity. If you want it runnier, add more milk.
- Whip the 70 g of full-fat coconut milk and add juice from 1/4 lemon. Keep refrigerated.
- Now make the chocolate mousse by melting the chocolate on bain-marie.
- Meanwhile, whisk the full-fat coconut milk with salt to make it airy, but don't turn it into whipped cream. Add the vanilla bean powder.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the whisked milk and mix to incorporate the chocolate.
- Divide across 3 serving glasses or pots. Add a generous layer of salted caramel, top with coconut whipped cream and garnish with shredded chocolate.