Fluffy Double Choc Madeleines
These oh-so-fluffy madeleines pack a serious chocolate punch - best devoured with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Pssst they are vegan to boot (and can be made gluten-free, too!)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (can replace with GF flour)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce (room temperature)
- 1 bar of Kyoot chocolate, melted
- 2 madeleine trays (to make 18 total)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Sift almond flour, all purpose flour, cornstarch/arrowroot, cacao powder, baking powder, salt, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, melted coconut oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Add dry mixture to wet and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Spoon 1-1.5 tbsp of batter into each mould, then bake for about 15-20 minutes (or until madeleine springs back to the touch and an inserted skewer comes out clean).
- Let madeleines cool for about 2 minutes in the pan then invert them onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt the Kyoot bar in the meantime, then dip one side of each madeleine in chocolate and let harden on cooling rack.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.