Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Who said vegan cookies can’t be the chewy, buttery, chocolatey cookies of your dreams? This recipe aces the infamous nutty and butterscotch-y undertones of the traditional choc chip cookie, leaving dairy and refined sugars where they belong... at the door. Created and baked to perfection by @reeniekarim 🍪.
- 227 g vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 150 g dates, pitted and soaked
- 125 g date syrup
- 80 g coconut sugar
- 100 g tahini
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 250 g flour
- 4 g baking powder
- 6 g baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 200 g Kyoot Crunchy Salted Caramel
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place your vegan butter in a large mixing bowl to soften at room temperature.
- Soak dates in boiling water for ten minutes. Drain the excess water and place the dates and the date syrup in a food processor. Blend until it makes a smooth puree, adding water with a small spoon if the mixture ever appears too dry/grainy.
- Add the date puree and coconut sugar to the bowl of butter and mix with an electric mixer on high speed or until the consistency is whipped and lighter in color.
- Mix in the tahini and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Chop the chocolate into chunks of your preferred size. Go crazy—the more variety in sizes, the merrier!
- Add the chocolate and flour mixture into the larger bowl of wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry into the wet, being careful not to overmix it. Fold until no visible streaks of flour remain. Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, scoop out little balls of dough with an ice cream scoop and arrange onto the cookie sheet, leaving at least 3 cm of space between each cookie ball.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie are golden brown and the center no longer appears wet.
- Remove the cookies and Let. Them. Chill. (seriously don't burn yourself). Pull apart and dig in!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.